Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Baptism Cake and Link-Up


This past Friday, on the traditional feast of the Baptism of Our Lord, our newest little blessing was baptized by his Uncle, a priest with the FSSP who flew in for this occasion, in the extraordinary form of the sacrament following a traditional Latin Mass during which our two daughters received their First Holy Communions.  It truly was a day filled with blessings for our family!


Since it had been just over 3 weeks since I delivered our little one, we opted for a simple Cake Reception in the hall at our parish.  I decided to order cakes from Costco, adding my own little touches as well.

For the Baptism Cake I ordered Costco's White cake with vanilla cheesecake mousse and iced with white buttercream.  For the decorations I choose their "Roses" design with White Roses and Dark Green Leaves.  I had them leave the center blank.


Inspired by Charlotte's recent baptismal cake, I ordered the Baptismal Cross Candy Mold to create for the center of the cake!   Charlotte suggested using Dark Blue Candy Melts, which she and her husband even sent us (along with those beautiful flowers for their Godson!) since they aren't available here locally.    I used approximately 1/2 of the 16 oz. bag of candy melts for the cross.   It turned out gorgeous!

Now it is your turn.   If you have made a cake for a Baptism reception, we'd love to see it! Please add your link below.

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. thanks for hosting this great linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fun link up. I linked my cookies since that's my specialty. We've had baptism cakes, too, but this was my first stab at stenciling a monogram on a cookie for Nick's baptism. This link-up brought back great memories of that awesome day...thanks! And Congratulations again on the birth and baptism of your little boy.:)

    ReplyDelete