Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Saint Nicholas Cookies


This year I decided to come up with an alternative to the usual Saint Nicholas Chocolates that I usually make each year.  I prefer to purchase the delicious Lindt Santas, and this year (with them priced at $3.49 each on sale totaling $31.41 for our family of 9) I decided to save the money spend it all on a few new books to add to our collection!  

I ran across an idea to make Santa Cookies with Nutter Butters on Food.com and immediately envisioned how I could adapt them for St. Nicholas.  I even had everything I needed other than a package of cookies... They were fun and easy to make, and I plan to put them each in a clear bag with a small candy cane Bishop's Staff and a few St. Nicholas Chocolate Coins.  I think my kids are going to love them!   


Supplies:
Nutter Butter Cookies
White Candy Melts or White Chocolate Chips, melted
Red Sprinkles
Mini Chocolate Chips
Mini M&M's 

Optional:
White Decorating Frosting
White Bead Sprinkles
Coconut


Dip each end of the cookie into the melted chocolate.  


Sprinkle the top end with Red Sprinkles for the miter.


Dip one side of a mini M&M and the flat side of two mini chocolate chips into the melted chocolate and place on cookie for the eyes and the nose.  


There are a couple options for this next step... I used some white icing to pipe a cross on to the miter.   You can also put some of the melted chocolate into a baggie, snip off the corner, and use that as well.  


I then decided to use some white bead sprinkles to embellish the cross on St. Nicholas's miter.  


I also added some coconut to some of the beards, though not all since a couple of my kids don't like coconut.  I also mixed in some red noses - it's COLD in December, at least in our corner of the country.  


Which way do you like best?  


"O Saint of love, be a guide for us in our lives, we pray, that we may create joy for each other, as you have done for so many."

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Those look great Jessica! I saw those the other day and thought they looked too much like Santa and not enough like St Nicholas, and then didn't think about it again...Yours look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny@holyducklings.blogspot.comDecember 5, 2012 at 2:33 PM

    Wow....these have got to be the cutest cookies ever :) Nice job :) Hopefully, I can make them look this good :) God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! Love nutter butters, yum. I think I the coconut beard looks best, but most of my kids would like it without I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cookies turned out so cute! Perfect for little hands. Happy Feast of St. Nicholas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute and creative, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica,
    God love you for this simple idea because Lord knows I need easy right now!

    ReplyDelete